Altone Youth Services (AYS) is a Youth Service in Beechboro. Our aim is to provide a safe meeting place for young people, aged 11-25 years who reside, recreate or educate with the Lockridge/Beechboro and surround areas. We aim to provide young people with suitable educational and recreational activities that they otherwise would not have access to and that will provide them the opportunity to learn and develop a wide range of skills. We are open for drop-in sessions in the afternoons, during which time Young People are able to use our facilities and talk to the staff at the centre. We are also available for informal and formal counselling sessions with Young People and can refer those Young People to specialist services if the need arises can help young people that are experiencing a wide range of problems, including:
- Alcohol and drug problems.
- Employment and educational difficulties.
- Mental, sexual and general health issues.
- Financial problems.
- Relationship conflict (family, friends and partners).
- Legal and justice concerns.
- Issues related to same sex attraction and gender diversity.
- Family and Domestic Violence.
- Suicidal thoughts and Self Harm.
AYS can assist young people by:
- Providing informal counselling and case management.
- Referring the young person to a specialised organisation.
- Providing the young person with information.
- Advocating on behalf of the young person.